We are all blogging for one reason or the other, but the bottom line is WE LIKE IT. Some of us are drawn to it as if by some invisible magnetic pull, while others just do it to kill time. I blog to meet others out there in the blogosphere that I can share my life experiences with. I also like to show off some of my artistic creations, but this is not the reason I continue to blog. I certainly like to entertain others, wherever I go I like to be the life of the party. I must have some serious issues! Hey Drags do you need a new case study?
Below are some stats that I gathered from a survey over at “The Pew Trust.org“.
- 54% of bloggers say that they have never published their writing or media creations anywhere else; 44% say they have published elsewhere.
- 54% of bloggers are under the age of 30.
- Women and men have statistical parity in the blog world, with women representing 46% of bloggers and men 54%.
- 76% of bloggers say a reason they blog is to document their personal experiences and share them with others.
- 64% of bloggers say a reason they blog is to share practical knowledge or skills with others.
- When asked to choose one main subject, 37% of bloggers say that the primary topic of their blog is their life and experiences.
- Other topics ran distantly behind: 11% of bloggers focus on politics and government; 7% on entertainment; 6% on sports; 5% on general news and current events; 5% on business; 4% on technology; 2% on religion, spirituality or faith. Smaller groups focus on a specific hobby, a health problem or illness, or other topics.
- 44% of bloggers have taken material they find online – songs, text, or images – and remixed it into their own artistic creation. By comparison, just 18% of all internet users have done this.
- A whopping 77% of bloggers have shared something online that they created themselves, such as their own artwork, photos, stories, or videos. By comparison, 26% of Internet users have done this.
Okay now my question is…why do you blog? Enquiring minds want to know!