I know that Dragon had told you guys I was busy with household chores, but the truth is I did a lot of shopping. You see when I get the blahs the only thing that seems to cheer me up is spending money like I was Donald Trump (poor Jose). I know I should control the impulse, but it is so firmly implanted in my personality I would have to have the impulse surgically removed and who’s got the money for that! It started out slowly and then as the momentum built I felt myself spinning out of control…whoa. At the end of a feverish two months of spending I decided to make a list to see just how bad it was, and to decide whether I should go through rehab. Following is a brief list of things I remembered buying, I’m sure there are a few minor purchases that slipped my mind, but who’s counting.
- 2 twin beds – hey my boys needed them!
- new bedding for all the kids – You can’t have new beds without new bedding!
- 1 new twin mattress.
- Wall art for the kids rooms – You can’t have new bedding without new wall art!
- A new bookshelf for the family room.
- All new throw pillows and a throw for the sofa in family room.
- Many candles – I’m a candle nut.
- 2 pottery vases for my bedroom to match the new bedding I bought for my room…oh I forgot to mention that.
- A new Asian basket for my bedroom.
- 2 new shower heads with built in massagers – Oh yeah baby!
- A griddle – hey it was on clearance I couldn’t pass it up.
- Handheld massager – ones muscles get sore carrying shopping bags.
- Electric toothbrush.
- A new ultra modern bathroom scale that tells you how much body fat and water weight you have.
- A new microwave.
- 2 rings, one for me and one for Katira. I got caught up in the moment bidding on rings at bidz.com. I try to avoid that site now.
- New shoes for everyone, and many items of clothing. ALL those sales!!!!
Okay that’s the list now you decide…do I need rehab? Although I must remind you guys how much Dragon spends on Halloween decorations!!!
UPDATE: Janet wanted pics, but I don’t have any of the basket at the moment. I will have to put that on later, but here are pics of my bedding and the rings.