Did you know…
10. It takes 3,000 cows to supply the NFL with enough leather for a year’s supply of footballs.
9. No word in the English language rhymes with month, orange, silver, and purple. 8.The only two days of the year in which there are no professional sports games (MLB, NBA, NHL or NFL) are the day before and the day after the Baseball All-Star Game.
7. A long time ago, Clans who wanted to get rid of unwanted people without killing them, would burn their houses down — hence the expression “to get fired.”
6. The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the “American Pie.” (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
5. Hershey’s Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it’s kissing the conveyor belt.
4. A duck’s quack doesn’t echo, and no one knows why.
3. The reason firehouses have circular stairways is from the old days when the engines were pulled by horses. The horses were stabled on the ground floor and figured out how to walk up straight staircases.
2. The longest recorded flight of a chicken is thirteen seconds.
1. If you put a raisin in a glass of champagne, it will keep floating to the top and sinking to the bottom.